Saturday 11 October 2014

Under The Sea!

It's finally time I get out of my comfort zone and embrace my inner little mermaid.  The Thunderball Grotto is going to be the first thing I tackle!  Jaclyn and I will be underwater cave diving in the Exuma Bahamas as our first water excision.  The inspiring location is just west of Staniel Cay in the Exumas chain.  Popularized in Hollywood movies such as James Bond, the Thunderball is a new perspective on the remarkable world under, sea life.

I can't wait to explore the mazes and underwater pathways which will lead to colourful fish, coral and natures most scenic sights.  I have been told my various individuals that in order to understand the full experience of underwater cave diving, you must take a moment to look up and admire the the magical skylight throughout the holes of the cave.  Both the sun and moon shines through the erosion which creates a glistening reflection through the water. The thunderball grotto can be consists of five entrances three of which are underwater and two which can be accessed by snorkelling.

Jaclyn and I will be touring this area with Exuma Water Sports tours.  Their half day ocean safari will take us through 75 little islands and provide us with a day of activity!

Exuma Water Sports Website: http://www.exumawatersports.com/index.htm





No comments:

Post a Comment