Friday 10 October 2014

Let's Explore

Jaclyn and I have researched an island tour guide who will essentially take us on for the day and show us around the islands of the Exuma's.  His name is Antonio Johnson of Johnson's Getaway.  Captain Antonio provides professional services that include deep sea fishing, hand line fishing, diving/spearing, trips through the Exuma Cays, and so on, all on his private boat.

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/JohnsonsGetaway/timeline

Website: http://www.islandboyadventures.com


With Island Boy Adventures and with the help of Captain Evvie and Tonio, we play to swim with sea turtles, pet stingrays and discover the land under the water.  This is something I have never had the courage to do.  Growing up near the water in Dubai, I strayed away from all water activities due to a lack of confidence.  However, this is the trip that I want to change my outlook on new adventures.  It's therapeutic to think that in a few months I'll have the opportunity to discover new sides of myself and to see what I am capable of accomplishing.  My goal is to become comfortable with trying new things and experiences the moment fully.

Although exploring islands alone and on your own time seems like a fantastic idea, sometimes it's even more satisfying and educational to get the help of locals who have lived on the island their whole lives.  These two captains will be able to guide us through the many islands and teach us about Bahamian culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment